Thursday, April 24, 2008

Not just your imagination

I did change the title. I never liked my title, but I had to pick something, and I wanted something that reflected the imperfections in life. Not because that is all I want to talk about, but because life isn't perfect and those imperfections can be some of the most interesting moments.

So, now it's "Sometimes it's a Boat." Which plays into my love of a good obscure reference. It's a line from Winnie-the-Pooh. The whole passage is:
"I ought to say," explained Pooh as they walked down to the shore of the island, "that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends."
"Depends on what?"
"On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
I realize that most people probably wouldn't worry too much about their title, but I like words. Finding the right ones is very satisfactory. By the way, if you have never actually read Winnie-the-Pooh or House at Pooh Corner, you really should. The language is brilliantly simple and they really are just as much for adults as children.

1 comment:

Jen @ Domesticated Nomad said...

If you want to see the wrecked car, I added the photo to the I'm Alive post about the car accident.