Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Goodbye, Scotland

I should have written a lot more about a lot of things. And shared far more pictures from the last couple of months than I did. Things got busy. And now, it is just silly to even try to write up the last couple of months and all the trips.

Right now the most important thing in my world is that I am flying home tomorrow and I will get to be with my husband and children again. I am so excited that I can hardly wait! The suitcases are packed. It's time.

As hard as it has been, this year has been great. I have met some of the best people and I am so blessed to have them in my life. It is very hard to leave them behind. I have done well academically, even if I haven't been able to focus on what I most wanted to study. It has been a successful year from a professional development standpoint.

Things I will soon need to share more with you (pictures and stories), though I know it will be awhile after returning before I'm ready to take the time:

  • The trip Katie and I took to Belfast and the Northern Ireland coast to see the Giant's Causeway. The Titanic Museum was also really good. 
  • The BAAS conference in Newcastle where I presented my work to a packed room that was sitting on the floor and spilling into the hallway. Newcastle was a lovely city as well.
  • The trip that Kareen and I took to Amsterdam, and the the trip I took to Paris. Both parts were lovely, but I especially adored Paris.
  • My last trip to see one more part of Scotland. Last weekend I went to St. Andrews and around a bit of Fife.  

It's been a very full last couple of months. None of that even includes the good times right here in Glasgow. Saying goodbye to people has been really hard -- harder than I think they realize since I did a reasonably good job of holding it together and not crying all over everyone. 

But it's time. I'm ready. I'm coming home where I belong.

No comments: