Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Needed a change

I just wanted something brighter, at least for awhile, so yes, you are still at the right blog. Feel free to let me know what you think. I can always change back.

Matt is stressed about job hunting. He is waiting to hear if he gets an interview at John Carroll; they are supposed to have narrowed it down to three people to interview in the beginning of this week. There is really no help in calming him down, other than him hearing something from the search committee.

Gabe went to see "Seussical" today with his class and really liked it. When they went to "Goodnight Moon" last month he fell asleep because it was so dark and quite. This really cracks Matt up. This time he informed me that he stayed awake the whole time. He is coming home talking about the kids in his class, a few in particular, so he seems to be fitting in now. I am going to help with the Valentine Party this Friday, so I'll get to see for myself what the class is like.

Chi still doesn't talk, but he babbles all the time. It's almost like he's pretending to talk. I think he knows he isn't making real words because he doesn't expect us to understand, but he moves his mouth and tongue and makes all these complicated noises. He also enjoys yelling when no one else is talking, especially in church. It is nice that he fills that void. :)

Boy are they lucky this MOPS meeting wasn't my first; I may have run away very far and fast. First, it was just boring. They were rushing us through planned activities so there was no time to just sit and talk. But the part that would have made me run was the special advertising segment. A woman came to try to get us involved in a new program called Apples of Gold. First of all, dumb name. The idea started out okay: a women mentoring group like quilt circles of old, a chance to get together and pass on wisdom, yada, yada, yada. A big part of this was going to be about teaching us to cook because apparently young women today just can't cook (excuse me?!) and we need to be taught to put that love into the meals we serve our families. The best part though is the Bible study that is going to teach us all about submitting to our husbands and serving our kids. Yeah, right. Oh, and then there is a celebration dinner where our husbands get to come and a male leader will take them aside and tell them all that we women learned. Matt loved that. He wants to do it just so he can mess with the other men's minds during that meeting. Ugh! Why? Can you tell I'm annoyed?

In all fairness, it's not a program that is related to MOPS itself, but the fact that they would be invited to pitch the program and so many woment there thought it was great kind of freaked me out a bit. On a happier note, it just occurred to me the other day that I can actually sign up for classes on Wednesdays now. I don't have to be at work, so I am going to take belly dancing. It doesn't start until the end of March though, but it will definitely be more fun excersing that way than the gym.

No comments: