Thursday, March 5, 2009

Week of firsts

I've been busy and will be busy for the foreseeable future. This week had me nervous though. I had my first mamogram. And I must say, no big deal! Why do women act like it's so awful and painful? It wasn't. I had a non-cancerous lump in my breast during pregnancy that has shrunk, so they wanted to see what was going on. Happy to report that everything is just fine.

Also, I had to report for jury duty for the first time. That was interesting. First, I wasn't called for the panel of 24 to be questioned (then the state and defense each strike 6 so that there is a jury of 12). But the judge had cause to dismiss a person and I was the next in line, so I wound up in the jury box. I was asked about my feelings on police officers. I have positive feelings thanks to the officers that helped at my car accident, so I wasn't completely surprised that I was struck. Actually, as interesting as I was finding the whole thing, the nature of the trial made me very relieved that I was ultimately dismissed. It was domestic abuse and the nature of the questions made me think it wasn't going to be something I wanted to be stuck thinking about. In any case, I have fulfilled my civic duty and can't be recalled by the state for two years.

Gabe is worn out. Due to my things, he's been bounced between Matt and I more than usual, he had a playdate, and they had a beach party day at preschool on Wednesday. They dressed in beach gear and played games and stuff. It must have worked in bringing the sunshine...today is gorgeous, sunny and 60! Chi is doing well, but nothing new or particularly exciting to report about him today. He is just his funny little self.

No comments: