Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Growing...

The boys are growing up. Everyday they amaze me. Chi has no fear. He climbs up on anything and everything. He takes on life full force, and if he crashes and burns, he picks himself up and goes running again in that funny toddler way of running. I can't believe how aware and smart he is. He can do a shape shorter puzzle designed for two year olds. Sure we help him a little, but it's still impressive. He never seems to miss anything. I just wish he could talk in English so I could know what he was thinking.

Gabe can do things that just last fall he couldn't. I watch him climb and jump on the playground, and my stomach still lurches even though I know he has so much more control now. It's getting easier to watch him swing off the edge of something and land safely below or climb bars fast as a monkey. But as it gets easier to watch, I realize that even as I am getting what I want, I am losing a part of his childhood. It is hard to believe he will be off to Kindergarten next fall because it seems to have come so fast, even though I know he's more than ready.

And then there is the giggling. It's impossible not to enjoy life when they start giggling!

2 comments:

Matt said...

I agree with you. You know both of them so well, and I love you for it. Maybe we'll find a reason to giggle this weekend.

Bobbie said...

They both have a lot of their dad. Matt was fearless (climbing everything he could and bouncing like a pinball off things)
And continuely sizing up the situation, watching and evaluating. Enjoy, they will bring you both great adventures!
Bobbie