Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Get down

Malachi can now say "get down" with relative consistency. We are still trying to convince him that he doesn't need to drive home the point by throwing his food too, but we are getting there. He also yells "get down" if he no longer wants to be in the car seat, but we can't help him there.

Gabe and Chi are now back in the same room. Chi hasn't been sleeping at night and Gabe keeps waking up and needing us too. Finally Gabe just asked if Chi could share his room again. Chi seems a little uncertain as to why he was moved, but I do think it is going to help both of them. Last night was the first night together again. Gabe slept like a log. Chi did wake up but not as much as he had been. So, hopefully it works. Now I have an extra room though. I am going to move my art supplies into there, but I don't have any furniture to spare, so it feels more like storage.

I have decided that people's problems with organization lie not in needing more space, but in having too much. I had that 900 sq. ft. apartment organized easily and well, but I can't seem to get things in place in my 1700 sq. ft. There is too much space for things to spread out in, then it starts to feel like there is no place to put things, but logically I know that isn't true. I am getting tired of losing things.

School doesn't start until Sept. 8 (after Labor Day), so Gabe is starting to drive me nuts. He is bouncing off the walls. We still don't know what his class is whether he is in am or pm. I should know by the end of the week. It would be nice to have that info so I can start deciding about schedules for Chi and I, things like library times or drop in kiddie gym times.

We are official Michiganites or Michiganders though. Here they don't make your license on the spot though, so we have temporary licenses while we wait on the real deal in the mail. Both cars have plates. The Beetle is always having drama, but I think Matt has everything in order to at least make it to school and back now. (Yesterday he lost a lug nut just around the corner and had to walk back to the house for tools.) And we are registered to vote. So things are getting settled. I think I am going to take the boys and check out the nature center today.

No comments: