Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life and times

I have been absolutely terrible lately about updates. My apologies. We have been quite busy trying to get settled into our new routines. Gabe seems to be enjoying Kindergarten. He misses his old friends, but he is making new ones -- mostly girls so far. ;) Matt is overall enjoying teaching, but he's still a little hyped up. One of these days he'll settle down, I hope. He's beginning to get a reputation as the bad joke professor since he is starting his 112 class with a joke each meeting. He'll tell you that they are not bad because people laugh. I don't love my class per se, but the subject is interesting. I'm finding that it's a bit stressful to carve out time to study since I don't spend much of my time away from the house, I have to make a more concerted effort to get it done. Chi is just going with the flow.

My parents were here for a visit which was nice. We did a few things in the area, they took a day to go up to the north side of the bay and we capped the week off with Oktoberfest in Frankenmuth. Good beer and music. Gabe got a real Bavarian hat and he looks so great in it. The boys enjoyed playing on the inflatables. They had them all to themselves for quite awhile which was nice for them.

We still haven't picked a church. It's annoying because there are things we like and don't like and all of which are important to us, so it has become a matter of sorting through what we feel is the most important. But it's a factor in life that is making us feel a bit unsettled, so I hope we soon have a church.

I will leave you with my favorite of the jokes Matt has told so far.
What is E.T. short for?
Because he's got little legs!

No comments: