Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm awake

We had a busy long weekend. A football game, a play date for Gabe, a dinner with friends that went much later than expected, and a get together with another family. Chi crashed on the couch before dinner tonight. But he didn't stay asleep. He woke up at bedtime. So a warm bath, a story and to bed. It worked...for about an hour.

He walks out with his arms outstretched gesturing for us to keep our seats and said, "I'm awake. I'm awake." I couldn't help giggling. So he curled up with us and watched the end of the movie we were watching. But then I said bedtime. And he said, "No bedtime. I want Graump (meaning Grandpa)." He accepted that Grandpa had to be at his house and we had to be at ours. But it got me wondering how much he wriggled out of bedtime during his week at Mom and Dad's. :)

No comments: