Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tiredness = Weird Thoughts

Man, I am tired! You have probably already figured that out. I'm taking a break from blogging - by blogging? Hmmm. There seems to be a flaw. But, there is no one to talk to right now since Matt teaches nights right now, so I'm sort of talking to at you.

I've been working on promoting Domesticated Nomad. There are these things called Link Parties. You go to a blog and link up one of your projects and hopefully people who wouldn't have found you otherwise, come visit your blog. This brings more traffic and usually some more followers. I started small. I didn't even realize how many of these parties are out there. Over the first few months of blogging I was doing 15 parties a week (that built up slowly), and I was averaging between 60-100 pageviews a week and picking up a few followers a week. 

But the bloggers who have built up faster are doing about 10 parties a DAY. So over the last few days I have been working on building up my link parties. It's been a lot of work finding the parties, linking up and then having to link back to the party on my blog. Then because of so much I have spreadsheets to keep track of what has been linked where, so all of that has to be updated. But in the last two days my pageviews have been over 160, and I'm not even done adding the extra link parties. So it's a pain, but it's working. Not so much an empire, but a little village perhaps.


Gabe's last day is tomorrow. I'll post soon about his wrap up of first grade.

No comments: