Friday, August 5, 2011

Squalberries, Blananas, and Playing Church

Yesterday Chi had me sit on the deck facing him, and he stood with his hands like a book and then mumbled something and said, "You say Amen now." Okay. "Amen," I dutifully replied. More mumbling, but then I swear I heard something about the Republic of Naboo in there. "Say Amen." "Amen," I replied. "Okay. Good job, Mommy. Your turn!" Only I didn't really know what I was supposed to say. He told me to tell a story, so I started telling Noah and the Ark. He was satisfied, but apparently I wasn't asking him to say Amen enough. He kept interrupting to say Amen. What? Are we Baptists now? :)

Today for lunch he wanted to be sure he got enough strawberries and bananas. "Can I have more squalberries and blananas?" Awesome. Some words are just more enjoyable when they are mispronounced by a three year old.

No comments: