Monday, November 8, 2010

Not much

There is really not much to share from the home front. I did discover this week, after all the rhetoric from the various Republican victors that I am not really an American because they know what ALL Americans think. Since what they say is not what I think, I guess I'm not American. Interesting. Explains a lot, I think. Oh, well. It's not the first time I was called out on my lack of American-ness. So, I voted, and the chips did not fall my way, and I do truly believe America is going to have one hell of a hang over from this vote, but I can't change it. So, I'm mostly (not completely) ignoring it all now.

Chi decided all day Friday and Saturday to pee wherever he happened to be standing. Annoying as he never has accidents at daycare. So after throwing lots of clothes in the laundry, I put him back in diapers. Maybe bad parenting choice, but it was a choice for self-preservation. Actually, strike that, it was a choice for child-preservation. I was really getting mad. Then, for no apparent reason all day Sunday he had zero accidents, and ran in and used the toilet all by himself several times. When we did know he was going, he kicked us out so he could do it himself. Hey, I'll take it. Actually, not having to physically take him to the bathroom and remind him all the time is awesome.

The basement remodel is coming along, but it's a big headache. I think (fingers-crossed) all the painting will be done today. This week we will go pick out the carpet. I'd love it to be installed before Thanksgiving, but we'll see. The built-in bookcases, cabinets/entertainment center will not be done before Christmas, but once we get the carpet down, the space will be usable again. Really, that is all I'm going for with my low expectations right now. On the up side, we really like the wall color and the drop ceiling looks ten times better with just the addition of a fresh coat of white. Part of the reason I am impatient is because I know what I want to do with some other projects now, but I am not going to spend any money on other things until I know what the finally tally on the basement is. Some other stuff may have to wait.

No comments: