Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sharpies and whatnot

I still can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here. A couple weeks ago, it felt like a couple weeks was a nice amount of time, but now I'm "what? where'd the time go?" Mostly the only stress that causes is with school, just making sure I get all my assignments done on time.

Today I am bouncing around between projects. I am on a mission to add texture to my home. At first I was just thrilled to paint color on the walls, but after living with that awhile, I realize that it doesn't do much more for me than rental white walls. So, in the long hallway I am drawing pattern on one wall with sharpie markers. Although it kills the sharpie fast, it's still a bit easier than messing with paint or stencils.

I am also working on painting. I am sticking with watercolor right now. I'm a bit surprised with myself, but I don't know. I guess I'm just feeling the medium right now. But I have to take lots of breaks because I have to wait for things to dry. It's not exactly a speedy medium.

Basement update: we have picked carpet and had the measurements done. There isn't enough in stock, so it has to be order so it will be at least another week (plus some because of the holiday) and we will have carpet. I am so excited to be able to use the basement!

No comments: