Sunday, March 13, 2011

Marching in like a lion

What a week. Chi was the last of us to get the flu and his turned into another ear infection. We had to go to urgent care on Tuesday, but I set up a follow up with his doctor on Friday. It's a new doctor. First, the urgent care doctor gave him a stronger prescription, so everyone thinks this will really work. But, it tastes terrible and gives Chi diarrhea, and that means getting him to take it is very difficult. We have to psych ourselves up to even deal with giving it to him it's so bad, but we have no choice. We still have most of this week to that. :( I don't know how I feel about our new doctor. I told Matt I really just want to drive him back to Iowa because I just don't like doctors here. But, obviously, no matter how much I want to, it's not going to happen. What bugs me is that the doctor didn't seem much concerned about an underlying cause. Apparently, it's not strange to have so many ear infections start so late. But I don't know. I wonder if doctors just didn't take the time to figure out in each case why it would set on later. He offered us the option of going to an ENT about tubes, but one winter of ear infections and nobody cares why, but I'm going to send him into surgery? I don't think so. I'm considering seeking out an allergist for a second opinion on whether the underlying cause might be an allergy (because he's had so much mucus). I want to trust the doctor, but I live with my child. I know what's normal or not for him. I want the doctor to trust me too. You know?

Gabe went to the dentist. I actually really love our dentist office, so that's good. Everybody thought Gabe was the cutest thing ever. :) (If they only knew...) Ha. He was very excited to learn he has no cavities, but not so happy to learn that his permanent teeth are still not quite pushing the baby teeth out of the way. It's still going to be awhile before he loses any teeth. Poor kid, most of his friends are almost done losing teeth and he hasn't lost one. I have a sneaking suspicion that he doesn't believe in the tooth fairy, but he doesn't want to admit it so that he doesn't miss out on the money. :)

Mike, Kathy, Sienna and Sylvie came to visit this weekend. It was a nice visit, but I do wish the weather had cooperated a bit more. We walked around Frankenmuth because they hadn't been there before and also went to Bronners. It was kind of funny at the candy store because they loaded up with candy and I just bought a couple treats for us, but I can easily go back and get more, so I didn't think I needed to stock up. My puny little bag next to their large bag was a silly looking comparison. The kids had fun playing, and we all had a nice visit. Though the cat hid out for so long, we did start to get a bit worried. She's never shied away from people like that. But the kids were running around and loud, so I guess she just played it safe.  

No comments: