Friday, December 14, 2007

Aarrgh!

Christmas is 11 days away! 11! I have nothing done. Okay, at least the house is decorated, but that's about it. I still need to decide what food we'll want and go buy it, finish shopping for gifts (really I just have Gabe left, but I can't carry his kitchen myself so Matt has to do it, and I always have Gabe with me when I could pick up the other little things), send the gifts that I have to mail, make cookies because all the ones I already made are gone, and get and send Christmas cards.

That's just the home list. Church is worse, but at least most of the church stuff will be done this Sunday. I have the HS Winter Retreat this weekend starting at 7 pm and going through Sunday morning. This is the one that I do myself, not just taking them somewhere and someone else running the show. Then I have to help with the Christmas program rehearsal (luckily I have little responsibility there), the Christmas program itself is Sunday at 4 pm, but the bigger headache is that the youth group has to serve the soup supper that follows, and (because I'm crazy) we have to set up and run games for the little kids. I noticed the past couple of years that families do the program and just leave, so I had the brilliant idea to have a birthday party for Jesus afterwards. It's a lot of easy stuff, but volunteers have been scarce this year, so it could be a bit strained between getting the supper served and getting the games going.

After that it's a bit easier, but I have to help with the drama for the Christmas Eve service, get my newsletter for January done and write my annual report.

Oh, yeah, and I'm 8 months pregnant with a 3 year old and I'm EXHAUSTED!

No comments: