Saturday, December 29, 2007

Undecking the halls

Well, Christmas is over at our house. We have packed everything away. Somehow it always makes the house look really clean to take down stuff. I guess I just don't deal well with clutter for too long. (Which is weird because I am a clutter-y person.) Gabe was fine with the decorations going away, but he's having "Polar Express" withdrawls.

I doubt we will do anything for New Year's. I don't think I have even stayed up the past few years, but Matt and I have been watching all the seasons of "Buffy" again so maybe we'll have a "Buffy" marathon.

Gabe has been loving all his new toys. He cooks many things for us in his kitchen and he keeps borrowing things from around the house to make it more complete. He got a dish towel and he also pulled a book from the bookcase that is his recipe book (it is actually a French language book).

We rearranged his room to make room for the kitchen and also his baby brother.
We decided to have them share a room even though we have 3 bedrooms. This way some of the extra stuff we have still has a home and we are hoping that it will be good for Gabe to have some company in his room. We can always change it if it doesn't work. We have set up the rocking chair and changing table in the spare room so that the bedroom doesn't get too crowded.

Gabe knows that his brother should come after Christmas so now he is getting impatient. He's also throwing fits right and left which leads me to believe that he is nervous. I wouldn't mind the pregnancy being over, but I would still like a couple more weeks. I have been feeling all the signs that the baby is moving down and having some random and irregular contractions, so my body is getting ready. I know all of this could go on for awhile, but I am hoping that it means the baby is going to come a bit early. But I suppose every pregnant woman hopes that at the end of the pregnancy.

No comments: