Friday, September 26, 2014

Cathedral, Necropolis, and Oldest Glasgow House

Today I saw the Glasgow Cathedral.





The Necropolis, which is a very high point in the city and you can see for miles on a clear day.
I wish you tell from the picture just how far you could see and how much detail of the city and the hills was visible.


I also toured St. Mungo's Museum of Religion and Life. It was very interesting that they blended the artwork of many religious traditions in one gallery, separated more by timeline than by place of origin. It gave a sense of what was happening worldwide.

And then there is a little house that is thought to be the oldest house in Glasgow. Very low ceilings. Even I had to watch my head.

The back garden, which was done later, was really quite nice. 


No comments: